The Fuel System:
The purpose of the generator's dual-tank, "looped" fuel system is twofold.
It supplies the motor with biofuel. It also heats the WVO to improve it's flow properties.
A basic explanation of the differences between biodiesel and WVO can be found in our FAQ.
The generator's fuel system is completely independent of the Sprinter's main motor.
The biofuel tank is divided into two chambers.
The small chamber is for biodiesel.
Biodiesel functions as a "start and stop" fuel because it's flow properties (viscosity) are better than WVO and doesn't require preheating.
The larger chamber if for the waste veggie oil, the "runtime" fuel.
WVO is too thick to be used safely without suffiecient preheating and can "gum up" the engine's fuel injectors.
There are several devices in our fuel system:
- • HotFox: Coolant based heat exchanger.
- • Dual 3 Port Valves: Fuel looping.
- • VegMax: Coolant heated fuel filter. (inline)
- • Vegtherm: Electric heater. (inline, 12v)
- • Temp guage for coolant:
- • Temp guage for fuel:
- • VO Controller: The systems "brain".
Browse the FAQ to learn more about the Van.